"When someone intentionally inflicts emotional pain on you, it is impossible to find terminology to find how your sinking heart feels. Your spirit is crushed by constant put downs by abusers." (Christy Joy, Pushed Beyond Limits © 2011).
Being abused, whether mentally, verbally, emotionally, physically, financially, etc., Helping Abused Souls is an inspirational place to come. Through her inspiration and caring soul, Christy Joy, herself a victor and survivor of domestic violence, reaches out to those suffering/or those who have suffered as well as those who are searching or grasping for answers to why they were/are abused. Helping Abused Souls is a voice for the voiceless. Helping Abused Souls is a place for you to come to: find inspirational quotes, send Christy personal messages, book a speaking engagement for individual, small or large groups. No one needs to suffer in silence!!
Christy’s goal is to move victims of violence from crisis to confidence.
“Never give up. Go over, go around, or go through. But never give up. You are tougher than anything life throws your way. You are not defeated until you quit”.
“And so I found out the hard way; abusive people do not reciprocate love, kindness or devotion”.
Click the images below to show a larger version.
The following are some excerpts from Pushed Beyond Limits:
- “A breaking heart isn’t always as loud as a bomb exploding. Sometimes it can be as quiet as a feather falling. The most painful thing is no one really hears it except you”.
- “You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves you too full to embrace the present”.
- “Use your pain as fuel for your journey”.
- “Victims of abuse cry because of the disgusting way they are cruelly treated. Crying doesn’t indicate that you are weak. Since birth, it has always been a sign that you are alive”.
- “Don’t let someone who put you down define who you are”.
- “Never give up. Go over, go around, or go through. But never give up. You are tougher than anything life throws your way. You are not defeated until you quit”.
- “And so I found out the hard way; abusive people do not reciprocate love, kindness or devotion”.
Christy Joy is a writer, secretary, mom of 3, mother-in-law, and doting gramma of one special little boy.
She is a survivor of domestic violence, having endured 20 years of verbal, mental, and physical abuse. She doesn’t consider herself a victim but rather a victor, as she survived the trauma of abuse. She is not a health specialist; however, she is regularly consulted about her perspective, guidance and support for people as they experience the suffering that she did. She shares her many messages on inspiration in her book Pushed Beyond Limits. People take comfort in having Christy help them through their challenges.
The Women's Centre for Social Justice, also known as WomenatthecentrE, is a non-profit organization dedicated to ensuring the voices of women survivors of gender-based violence are integral to the development and implementation of public policy. Created by survivors, for survivors, they thrive on a diverse network of members, providing support, training and advocacy on the local, national and international level.
You may contact Christy using the form below.
For general information, appearances or bulk orders of Pushed Beyond Limits please fill out the form below. All fields are required.
You can buy Pushed Beyond Limits at these fine retailers:
322 Argyle St S., Unit 7
Caledonia, ON. N3W 1E5
(Enter through Stars on Stage)
Coming Soon to:
Green Heron Books, Paris, ON
Coles Books, Brantford, ON